Wildfires Information Service



For NAPA COUNTY Residents: Napa County fire near Lake Berryessa.

  • Berryessa Highlands MANDATORY evacuation for Steele Canyon from Rimrock to Headlands Dr.
  • Evacuation shelter for residents of Berryessa Highlands can go to Crosswalk Community Church, 2590 1st Street, Napa.

For LAKE COUNTY Residents: River Fire near Lakeport.

  • The River Fire poses an imminent threat to the City of Lakeport.  Residents should leave immediately and seek shelter in Middletown, at the Twin Pines Casino, 22223 Hwy. 29, in Middletown.
Updates on the Napa County (Steele Fire):  http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2184
UPDATEs for Mendocino & LAKE countIES (River Fire):  http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2178
UPDATES FOR MENDOCINO COUNTY (Ranch Fire):  http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2175

DCARA is assisting all Deaf and hard of hearing people, who were affected by wildfires on navigating the Red Cross and insurance systems, and more during this emergency crisis.

If you are one of those affected and need assistance, please call us at 510-343-6670 or email us at info@dcara.org

Many of these videos have transcripts in English, as well as Spanish for some. To view these transcripts, view the videos on the YouTube website by clicking the “YouTube” button in the bottom of the video while it plays.

Below, you can find additional information on certain subjects.

Re-Enter Your Home


Wildfire Preparation
The above video is from Texas State Department of Health Services. Much of the information is still relevant to what we are experiencing here in CA.
Air Quality
Housing Assistance

If you are in need of immediate assistance, or do not have a place to stay, please go the Veteran’s Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa, CA. The Red Cross shelter there has a Public VideoPhone set up near the computers there, and it is nearby to the interpreting agency serving the area.

Home assistance for who lost their homes:

1. FEMA – Apply for Assistance

This page provides information and guidance for disaster survivors who want to apply for assistance related to a federally declared disaster.  It includes a link to complete an application for FEMA assistance, a list of items you need when you apply for FEMA assistance, and the phone number for FEMA if you cannot complete an application online.  If you need immediate assistance,

2. Disaster Assistance

Visit DisasterAssistance.gov to apply for assistance online.  If you experience difficulty applying online, you may also call (800) 621-3362 / TTY (800) 462-7585 to apply during standard hours of operation (7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Time), 7 days a week.  You can also check your application status at DisasterAssistance.gov.  Survivors have 60-days from the date of a declaration for Individual Assistance to apply for assistance.

*** Please note that if you are eligible for an Individual Assistance grant you are not required to pay back the grant to FEMA.  There is no income threshold for Individual Assistance grants, but you may be referred to the Small Business Administration (SBA) for a low interest disaster loan to assist in your recovery.  These low interest disaster loans for homeowners and businesses from the SBA must be repaid. ***

When you register for disaster assistance either online or by phone, you will need the following to complete your application:

  • Social Security number
  • Address of the location where the damage occured (pre-disaster address)
  • Current mailing address
  • Current telephone number
  • Insurance information
  • Total household annual income
  • Routing and account number for your checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into your bank account).
  • A description of your disaster-caused damage and losses.

To determine if your damaged home is in a Federally declared disaster area please visit the Disaster Declarations page on this site.  You can also enter your address on DisasterAssistance.gov/address-lookup to determine if your home is in an area declared for Individual Assistance.

Medical Assistance

If you are in immediate need of Medical help, or are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.

Many healthcare agencies, including pharmacies, are operational in Sonoma County. In addition, during this emergency, pharmacies are authorized to refill prescriptions without renewed contracts with your physician. In addition, for new heatlth needs, we encourage people to contact their Primary Care Provider.

Available pharmacies can be found here: http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Public-Safety/News/Medication-Needs-During-This-Emergency/

Additionally, each shelter in the area will have a medical area, with medical staff on hand. They will be able to assist you with lower priority medical needs, such as specific bedding, or other items that you may need.

Shelter Assistance
There are currently 21 shelters that are set up in the greater Sonoma County area:
Santa Rosa:
  • Sonoma County Fairgrounds at 1350 Bennet Valley Road, Santa Rosa
  • Finley Community Center at 2060 West College Avenue, Santa Rosa
  • Santa Rosa Veterans Building at 1351 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa (VP)
  • Cook Middle School at 2480 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa
  • Elsie Allen High School, 599 Bellvue Avenue, Santa Rosa
  • Victory Outreach Church at 4042 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa
  • Petaluma Community Center at 320 North McDowell Blvd, Petaluma
  • Church of Christ at 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
  • New Life Church at 1310 Clegg Street, Petaluma
  • Casa Grande High School at 3333Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
  • Sebastopol Community Center at 390 Morris Street, Sebastopol
  • Analy High School Gym, at 6950 Analy Ave, Sebastopol
Other Areas:
  • Cloverdale Citrus Fair at 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale
  • Sonoma Valley High School at 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
  • Guerneville Veterans Hall at 16255 First Street, Guerneville
  • Healdsburg Comunity Center at 1157 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg
  • Monte Rio School at 20700 Foothill Drive, Monte Rio
  • Windsor High School at 8695 Windsor Road, Windsor
Please note that some shelters may be at capacity, and you may have to go to a different shelter nearby.
Employment Assistance

If your employment status was affected by the wildfires in the North Bay of California, you may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance (UI).

Michael Schmidt from Employment Services explains how.

Here’s how you can contact Unemployment Insurance (UI):

In additional, DCARA’s Employment Services are available to assist you if you need help on applying for unemployment insurance. Contact Information are below:

EDD Concord Office

Staff: Margie Rose, Employment Specialist

Address: 4071 Port Chicago Hwy, Suite 250, Concord CA 94520

Office Hours: M-F 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM

VP: 925-246-5978

Email: mrose@edd.ca.gov

EDD Oakland Office

Staff: Michael Schmidt, Employment Specialist

Address: 7677 Oakport Street, Suite 350, Oakland, CA 94621

Office Hours: M-F 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM

VP: 510-394-1846

Email: michael.schmidt@edd.ca.gov

Like Us On Facebook
Facebook Pagelike Widget