Job Ready! Program is an all inclusive program addressing the barriers faced by some of the Deaf community to employment. This is a new effort between DCARA and DOR to address the employment and training needs of Deaf people in the Bay Area. The program will focus on communication and language skills needed to successfully prepare and apply for employment as well as basic skills needed to successfully retain employment. The program starts with an assessment to identify the focus of the training with the goal of employment. Training can range from 3 months to 2 years depending on the needs of the consumer. Training will include literacy and communication skills for employment, basic ILS skills.
DCARA is seeking for an excellent manager to work with us to ignite the new exciting program Job Ready!
The Job Ready! Program Manager oversees the Job Ready! Program including the development and implementation of the curriculum and assessments, recruitment of students from the Department of Rehabilitation and monthly reporting to funders.
- Oversee the compliance of contracts that fund the Job Ready! Program
- Provide training and supervision to all Job Ready! Program staff
- Work with Program Developer to develop funding opportunities to implement Job Ready! Program
- Conduct evaluations of services offered within Department of Rehabilitation to ensure that services are meeting the current needs of students
- Monitor program budget
- Facilitate regularly scheduled department meetings
- Possess and maintain an intensive and up-to-date knowledge of curriculum
- Actively involved in all aspects of student recruitment and enrollment for the program
- Responsible for the initial intake, review, assessment, and internal verification of student performance
- Works with Department of Rehabilitation to prepare students for services and transitions to EDD or other job skills training programs
- Provides support to the Agency, Job Ready! Program, students and other duties as assigned by Deputy Director
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in supervision and management
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and writing skills
- Fluent in ASL and positive cultural perception of Deaf people
- Ability to develop and implement basic skills curriculum
- Experience with computer including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to generate reports and presentations timely
- Ability to work with people from a variety of racial, economic, linguistic, cultural, religious, and communication backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and education. DCARA offers full medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits in addition to 12 days of holiday leave plus one week paid winter holiday.
Send DCARA Application Form, cover letter, resume and three professional references via mail, email or fax to:
Attn: Human Resources
14895 E. 14TH Street, Suite 200
San Leandro, CA 94578
|JOB TITLE:||Job Ready! Program Manager|
|REPORTS TO:||Deputy Director|
|LOCATION:||San Leandro, CA|