DCARA provides American Sign Language (ASL) classes (onsite/remote), private instructions and tutoring. DCARA is seeking experienced ASL instructors to work as independent contractors to teach ASL Classes to anyone interested in learning ASL in San Jose and/or San Leandro. The classes will be held at the Deaf Community Center in San Leandro and a DCARA office in San Jose.
- Set up scheduling for ASL classes
- Plan and prepare the ASL classes
- Pass out textbooks/DVDs to students
- Keep roll calls
- Teach classes
- Report the progress to Executive Assistant
- At least three years in ASL teaching.
- Commitment to DCARA’s mission, values and aspirations.
- Experience and cultural competence working in the Deaf community.
- Fluency in American Sign Language.
- Excellent people skills.
- ASLTA preferred.
$50 per hour (2 hours of class plus 1 hour of preparation) / $900 per level (6 weeks)
Email a letter of interest and CV/resume to Alan Lason, Executive Assistant at email@example.com
|JOB TITLE:||ASL Instructor|
|REPORTS TO:||Executive Assistant|
|DEPARTMENT:||Sign Language for All|
|LOCATION:||San Jose and/or San Leandro|