DCARA recently started a new program called “Job & Literacy Program,” which provides training instruction for Deaf adult literacy classes, Citizenship classes, DMV classes, ASL classes (for Deaf foreigners only) to clients in a group format or one-on-one instruction. DCARA is seeking experienced Life Skills training instructors to work as independent contractors to teach training classes for trainees. The classes will be held in Bay Area.
- Plan and prepare classes
- Instruct clients with instructional and curriculum materials
- Keep roll calls
- Prepare and maintain monthly progress reports
- Report clients’ progress to Program Manager
- B.A. in ASL/Deaf Studies, Deaf Education, English, Social Work, or an equivalent field
- Classroom/community teaching experience will be considered in lieu of B.A. degree
- Experience and cultural competence working in the Deaf community
- Commitment to DCARA’s mission, values, and aspirations
- Fluency in American Sign Language required
CONTRACT POSITION: This is a contract position, hourly rate is negotiable depending on experience and education.
DEADLINE: Until filled
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send DCARA Application Form, cover letter, resume and three professional references via mail, email or fax to:
14895 East 14th Street, Suite 200
San Leandro, CA. 94578