The Development Assistant works closely with administrative staff assisting with the planning and implementing of programs including research for funding, grant applications and grant or contract compliance.
- Assist with research to identify available grant opportunities
- Assist with grant writing and submittal of proposals and/or applications
- Keep a calendar of upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of grant requirements
- Assist with writing and submitting reports as required by various funders and other administrative functions as may be required
- Assist with keeping track of expenses related to specific programs and/or projects
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded or fee-for-service programs
- Fluency in American Sign Language.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work within a team and provide support as needed
- Ability to multi-task with strong ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
- The minimum educational qualification required to be a Development Assitant is a Bachelor’s degree.
HOURLY RATE: Hourly rate is negotiable depending on experience and education. This is a contract position and does not cover sick leave or vacation or holidays.
DEADLINE: Open until filled (Immediately)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Fill out the application form below -OR-
Send your cover letter and resume via mail, email or fax:
14895 E. 14th Street, Suite 200
San Leandro, CA 94578