The Communication Aide will work directly with developmentally disabled clients who reside in licensed community care facilities located throughout Alameda and Contra costa counties. The Communication Aide will be able to effectively communicate with the designated RCEB client in their native language, American Sign Language. Some clients will require an aide fluent in tactile sign language.
- Level 1: Provide basic communication access services and language development.
- Level 2: Provides basic communication access services, language development and basic independent living skills
- Communicate effectively with Deaf and DeafBlind clients in their preferred language and/or communication accommodations and provide communication support in all settings
- Provide orientation and training on the use of an interpreter to clients and community care facility (CCF) staff
Levels 1 and 2:
- High School graduate or GED
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in ASL and in written English.
- Positive cultural perception of Deaf people
- Ability to generate reports timely
- Available to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Trained in CPR and First Aid
- Prior experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred
- Pass a background check, including finger printing.
- Use of registered vehicle, current drivers license and auto insurance required
- BA or 4+ years equivalent experience in working with Deaf Developmentally Disabled individuals.
HOURLY RATE: Hourly rate is negotiable depending on experience and education. This is a contract position and does not cover sick leave or vacation or holidays.
DEADLINE: Open until filled (Immediately)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Fill out the application form below -OR-
Send your cover letter and resume via mail, email or fax:
14895 E. 14th Street, Suite 200
San Leandro, CA 94578