News Flash: Reopening Updates as of 11-16-20
[VISUAL DESC: Ann Lynn, an African American female is sitting in chair. She is wearing glasses, a multicolored headband, and a gray t-shirt with DCARA logo. Behind her is a blue background stand.]
Today, November 16th, Governor Newsom held a press conference to announce that with COVID-19 cases have surged lately, more than forty counties have been pushed back into red and purple tiers according to the state’s color coded tier system on reopening. Some counties jumped from orange to purple and were placed on strict restrictions.
Purple tier is the most restrictive level which means activities and businesses such as gyms, house of worships, movie theaters must close immediately.
Some counties will start restrictions after midnight on Tuesday, November 17th. Various counties and cities depend on the number of increasing positive COVID-19 cases.
You can look in transcript which county have been placed according to latest tier changes:
- Orange to Purple: Alameda, Butte, El Dorado, Napa, Nevada, Santa Clara, Siskiyou, Trinity, Tuolumne
- Orange to Red: Colusa, Del Norte, Marin, Modoc, Mono, Plumas, San Mateo
- Yellow to Orange: Calaveras, Sierra
- Yellow to Red: Humboldt, San Francisco
- Red to Purple: Contra Costa, Fresno, Glenn, Kern, Kings, Mendocino, Merced, Orange, Placer, San Benito, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Stanislaus, Sutter, Ventura, Yolo, Yuba
The governor said that he and California health secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly will resume providing new information about the state’s COVID-19 response for Californians “in real-time” as needed and frequently as opposed to a weekly update.
Please maintain wearing masks, social distancing, and washing hands or using hand sanitizers. Also don’t forget to check for hours of operations for certain businesses and services before you head out the door. Stay safe.
Source: https://abc7news.com/health/map-ca-counties-that-can-cant-reopen-under-new-rules/6393906/ https://abc7news.com/health/40-ca-counties-move-to-more-restrictive-tiers-amid-covid-19-spike/8015021/
[END OF MESSAGE]