FEMA Financial Assistance
[VIDEO DESC: Michelle, a white female, is wearing a v-neck olive green shirt and a pair of dark eyeglasses. Behind her is a sage green background with a gold framed picture between a pair of mirrors.]
If you lost your home to the wildfire in the following counties:
• San Mateo
• Santa Cruz
You can apply to FEMA for financial assistance with:
• paying for rent,
• home repair/replacement and
• many other serious disaster-related needs, including:
• replacement or repair of vehicles,
• funeral expenses,
• medical or dental expenses and
• miscellaneous other costs.
The deadline to apply is October 21, 2020.
Before you register with FEMA, you should contact your insurance company first. Even if you aren’t sure what costs your insurance will cover, FEMA may be able to help cover the costs.
To be reimbursed by FEMA, it’s important that you save all the receipts and photographs of the damage.
There are three ways to register:
• Online at disasterassistance.gov
• FEMA app on a smartphone or tablet
• Call the FEMA Helpline, 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585)
• If you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362
Multilingual services are available on the helpline and specialists can answer most questions about FEMA assistance and registration.
To register you will need the following information:
• Social Security number
• Insurance policy information
• Address of your damaged primary dwelling
• A description of disaster-caused damage and losses
• Current mailing address
• Current telephone number
• Total household annual income
• Routing and account number of your checking or savings account (for direct transfer of funds to your bank account)
After you register, FEMA will email you a temporary PIN that you can use to create an account at disasterassistance.gov. The account will enable you to check the status of your application, view messages from FEMA, update your personal information and upload documents FEMA may need to
determine your eligibility for grants.
If you are unable to upload your documents, mail them to FEMA at P.O. Box 10055, Hyattsville MD 20782-8055 or fax them to 800-827-8112.
Contact us if you need assistance. Stay safe!
[END OF MESSAGE]