BREAKING NEWS: CZU Wildfire Update – 8/21/20
Watch Live: Breaking News – CZU Wildfire Update
[Video Description: Byung Lim, a Korean American is wearing a charcoal shirt with DCARA logo. Behind him is a black background.]
This is an update on many massive WILDFIRES in the various areas as we have mentioned in our vlogs earlier this week. I will break down information for the massive wildfires with statistics from CalFIRE and local news updates as of today, Friday, August 21, 2020:
CZU AUGUST COMPLEX – San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties
The fire has consumed 117,365 acres.
The fire is 6% contained as of 9 AM.
There are many structures being threatened and 50 structures destroyed.
Approximately 64,000 people have evacuated.
Three firefighters have been injured.
[Screen fades to show a map of mandatory evacuations]
HERE IS SHELTER INFORMATION:
SAN MATEO COUNTY
Half Moon Bay High School, 1 Lewis Foster Drive, Half Moon Bay (AT CAPACITY)
San Mateo Event Center, 1346 Saratoga Drive
SANTA CRUZ COUNTY
• Santa Cruz County Fairground, 2601 E. Lake Avenue in Watsonville
• Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium, 307 Church Street, Santa Cruz
• Santa Cruz Seventh Day Adventist Camp Grounds, 1931 Soquel San Jose Rd
• Cabrillo College, 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos CA
• Santa Cruz Bible Church, 440 Frederick Street, Santa Cruz
• Pescadero High School, 360 Butano Cutoff in Pescadero.
• Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds at 2601 E Lake Ave. where disaster service workers are on site to assist residents.
Cal Fire says, “Be READY to go at any moment’s notice!” Prepare yourselves. Ask your family and neighbors to inform you if they hear a hi-lo siren as an evacuation order warning. For more information, watch our “How to Evacuate during Pandemic” and “Nixle Sign Up” vlogs.
CalFire urged people to not enter the evacuation zones if you try to return to your home as it takes firefighters away from battling the blaze. DO NOT be stubborn to stay in your homes during the evacuation order. You will be dealt with by law enforcement if you violate evacuation orders.
Please contact us to assist you with information and updates.
Contact us at email@example.com or 707.595.2005